Pre-order our two newest vermouths!
This pre-release will ship March 18th and 19th. It will be available to order until March 17th.
When we set out to make vermouth, we knew we wanted to do things seasonally and locally. That meant that instead of following an old world recipe, we looked to the fields and forests around us to find herbs and flowers, aromatic and bitter.
We've put together a little pre-release box for these two new bottles. It includes the following:
- 1 bottle of Pleased to Meet You (a rosé vermouth)
- 1 bottle of Whistling in the Dark (a dark vermouth)
- 4 cans of Whistling in the Dark vermouth soda
- 4 cocktail recipes written by Tristan Bragaglia-Murdock
- 2 cans of Time and Place (for the cocktails)
- and 2 cans of Sonata (for the cocktails too!)
- And if you're in Ontario, you'll get a free shipping code for Willibald Distillery (their gin is phenomenal!).
Pleased to Meet You is a rosé vermouth.
Starting with a base of apples, cherries and Sauvignon Blanc, we added chamomile, arctic rose, ocean rose, tarragon and horehound.
Chamomile and Sauvignon Blanc are the stars in the aroma, but the flavour is pretty punchy! Like spiced maraschino cherries garnished with spring flowers.
We're enjoying this one over a big ice cube, but it definitely works in cocktails too.
Whistling in the Dark is a red vermouth.
This one is made with a base of apples, cherries, blueberries and De Chaunac wine. The botanicals here are anise hyssop, yarrow, roman wormwood and absinthe wormwood.
Much closer to traditional vermouth than the first, Whistling in the Dark is an earthy, botanical treat. Cherry-like De Chaunac and anise hyssop dominate the aroma, while wormwood leaves a lingering bitterness.
We're digging this one chilled and neat, but it's great in negronis too. It's the perfect digestif.